Tender flank steak rolled up with Italian herbs, prosciutto, and provolone cheese! Fancy flavorful steak medallions! Looks amazing and taste simply divine!
INGREDIENTS ▪ 3 - 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed through garlic press ▪ 1 small shallot minced ▪ 2 Tbsp fresh parsley finely minced ▪ 1 tsp sage leaves finely minced ▪ 1 tsp basil minced ▪ 2 Tbsp olive oil Coupons ▪ 2 - 2 1/2 pounds flank steak ▪ 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto ▪ 4 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese ▪ toothpicks soaked water for 10 minutes ▪ Salt and pepper to taste Balsamic Glaze Recipe ▪ 1 cup balsamic vinegar ▪ 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Combine minced garlic, shallot, parsley, sage, basil, dash of salt, dash of pepper and olive oil into a bowl. Mix ingredients thoroughly. Set aside.
- Butter fly steak to make it larger and thinner. Hold steak flat with hand and, with a sharp knife, butterfly the steak, leaving the back edge attached. Open steak and flatten the seam gently with your hand to form a large rectangle.
- Place steak on wax paper. Using a meat mallet carefully pound steak to thin it out. Careful not to get any holes.
- Spread combined mixture all over flattened steak
- Add 2-3 slices of prosciutto, and provolone.
- Roll steak into a tight log. Secure with 4-6 toothpicks. Slice between toothpicks to create pinwheels.
- Place each pinwheel on grill direct heat searing 2 minutes each side. (grill temp 400 degrees)
- Once seared, move pinwheels to indirect and continue cooking until you reach your desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes.
- Add basil and glaze to finish it off.
- Mix ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, stir continually until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until glaze thickens